- A virus in which the genetic information is stored in the form of RNA (as opposed to DNA).More example sentences
- Hepatitis A infection, caused by an RNA virus in the picornavirus family, is the most common cause of hepatitis in the United States.
- It is a highly contagious viral infection mainly transmitted by droplets caused by single stranded RNA virus belonging to genus morbillivirus in the family Paramyxoviridae.
- HCV is an RNA virus of the flavivirus family that infects about 4 million U.S. residents and produces some 30,000 new infections each year.
More definitions of RNA virusDefinition of RNA virus in:
- The British & World English dictionary