noun(in phrase the life of Riley) • informal
- A luxurious or carefree existence: all the older boys are driving big expensive cars and living the life of RileyMore example sentences
- I took out three student loans and lived the life of Riley.
- She said: ‘We may feel the Asian community is poor but by the standards of rural Pakistan, they are living the life of Riley.’
- She laughs: ‘With just one hit single you can live the life of Riley - who knows, you could even find yourself with enough money to afford to write a book.’
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of RileyDefinition of Riley in:
- The British & World English dictionary