Definition of Robertsonian in English:
1Denoting a chromosome with a central centromere formed from two chromosomes having noncentral centromeres.
- As an internal standard the lengths of the chromosome 11 homologs were normalized to the length of the 12: 13 Robertsonian translocation chromosome, which is characteristic of this cell line.
- TRD is observed among specific regions of the mouse and human genome and is frequently associated with chromosome rearrangements such as Robertsonian chromosomes.
1.1(Of a karyotypic change or translocation) brought about by this process.
- We intercrossed mice heterozygous for a Robertsonian translocation and performed molecular genotyping of 1812 embryos from 364 litters with known parental origin, strain, and age.
- The remaining 3 percent have a Robertsonian translocation in which all or part of an extra chromosome 21 is fused with another chromosome.
- One of the affected children, born to a woman aged 29, had a de novo unbalanced Robertsonian translocation, and the remainder were due to non-disjunction.
1950s: from the name of William R. B. Robertson (1881–1941), American biologist, + -ian.