- A road built by the ancient Romans, typically paved and following a predominantly straight route: the Roman road crosses the camp, changing direction slightly as it leaves the east gateMore example sentences
- A second trench will allow archaeologists to investigate what is believed to be a Roman road.
- At Langtoft in East Yorkshire, metal detectorists found two Roman coin hoards in pottery containers by the side of a former Roman road.
- The Fosse Way ran through what is now the south-east of the shire, meeting the Roman road from Dorchester to Exeter.
More definitions of Roman roadDefinition of Roman road in:
- The British & World English dictionary