Definition of Romansh in English:
The Rhaeto-Romanic language that is spoken in the Swiss canton of Grisons and is an official language of Switzerland.
- Most of the inhabitants speak a German dialect, but French and Italian are also recognized as official languages, and Romansh, spoken by a tiny minority, is a fourth national tongue.
- Another 18 percent speak French, about 10 percent - mostly in the Ticino region - speak Italian, and roughly 1 percent speak Romansh, a dialect spoken mostly in the Grison region.
- The language is, in fact, a mix of several, though it sounds a bit like the Swiss dialect Rumantsch.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Romansh.
- The children of the Romansh region learn German or French.
Definition of Romansh in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.