Definition of Russian thistle in English:
A prickly tumbleweed that is an inland form of saltwort. Native to Eurasia, it was accidentally introduced into North America, where it has become a pest. Also called Russian tumbleweed.
- Salsola kali, family Chenopodiaceae
- Tumbleweeds, the dense Russian thistles accidentally introduced to the west, are ubiquitous.
- Spartan herbicide has provided excellent control of troublesome broadleaf weeds, such as kochia, Russian thistle, and pigweed species in no-till sunflower research plots for the past several years.
- State laws typically identified plants by common name as noxious: Russian thistles and milkweed, for example.
Definition of Russian thistle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan