- 1A variety of white wine grape grown in France and elsewhere.More example sentences
- Three grape varieties are planted: Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscadelle.
- An essential white grape of Bordeaux, Sémillon is a golden-berried goddess, producing some of the longest-lasting white wines ever made.
- Sémillon ripens earlier in the season than most grapes and is less likely to be damaged by rains or frost.
- 1.1A white wine made from the Sémillon grape.More example sentences
- In the great, long-lived dry whites of Graves and Pessac-Léognan Sémillon usually predominates and inspires rich, golden, honeyed, viscous wines quite unlike any Sémillons made elsewhere.
- Drinking Semillon is like drinking a tropical fruit mix topped with honey.
French dialect, based on Latin semen 'seed'.
More definitions of SémillonDefinition of Sémillon in:
- The British & World English dictionary