- (In the UK except Scotland) an examination, or a pass of one, typically taken together with an A level in the same subject, but having a more advanced syllabus.More example sentences
- To achieve the A - grade students would have to answer the type of questions at present in the Advanced Extension Awards, which replaced S level.
- To add to my bewilderment a handful of students were jettisoned at the end of the first year for failing retakes, many of whom had S levels to their name.
- They managed the Additional Maths well enough, found the 'A' level paper very difficult indeed, and the 'S' level was utterly beyond them.
abbreviation of Special level or (formerly) Scholarship level.
More definitions of S levelDefinition of S level in:
- The British & World English dictionary