noun (plural Sally Lightfoots)
- A common active crab of rocky shores in the Caribbean, Central America, and the Galapagos Islands.
More example sentences
- Grapsus grapsus, family Grapsidae
- The Sally Lightfoot Crab is one of the most common crabs along the western coast of South America. It can also be seen along the entire coast of Central America and Mexico and nearby islands.
- The Sally Lightfoot crab is easily recognized by its green-brown carapace and yellow markings and bands around the joints of its legs. It has two front antennae which are constantly moving.
More definitions of Sally LightfootDefinition of Sally Lightfoot in:
- The British & World English dictionary