Definition of Salvadorean in English:
Of or relating to El Salvador.
- The Guardian today is reporting that at least 22 people were killed and as many as 200 injured in clashes with US, Spanish and Salvadorean troops.
- US magazine Newsweek reports, ‘Then, faced with losing a war against Salvadorean rebels, the US government funded or supported ‘nationalist’ forces… to hunt down and kill rebel leaders and sympathisers…
- On February 15 over 200 Salvadorean police took over 15 public hospitals and clinics in El Salvador's capital city of San Salvador.
nounBack to top
A native or inhabitant of El Salvador.
- I would speak to Panamanians, El Salvadoreans, and Guatemalans to find out why, despite all the talk of how terrible free trade is, they still wanted to sign a deal.
- According to the UN, 48 percent of the 6.1 million Salvadoreans live in poverty.
- A large part of the problem for the Salvadoreans was that the Honduran air force had struck back, severely damaging enemy oil dumps.
Definition of Salvadorean in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan