- Of or relating to El Salvador.More example sentences
- The Guardian today is reporting that at least 22 people were killed and as many as 200 injured in clashes with US, Spanish and Salvadorean troops.
- US magazine Newsweek reports, ‘Then, faced with losing a war against Salvadorean rebels, the US government funded or supported ‘nationalist’ forces… to hunt down and kill rebel leaders and sympathisers…
- On February 15 over 200 Salvadorean police took over 15 public hospitals and clinics in El Salvador's capital city of San Salvador.
nounBack to top
- A native or inhabitant of El Salvador.More example sentences
- I would speak to Panamanians, El Salvadoreans, and Guatemalans to find out why, despite all the talk of how terrible free trade is, they still wanted to sign a deal.
- According to the UN, 48 percent of the 6.1 million Salvadoreans live in poverty.
- A large part of the problem for the Salvadoreans was that the Honduran air force had struck back, severely damaging enemy oil dumps.
More definitions of SalvadoreanDefinition of Salvadorean in:
- The British & World English dictionary