- A light wine, typically white, produced in the part of France around Sancerre.More example sentences
- Bordeaux, Burgundy and champagne are generally over-priced, as are Sancerre, Chablis, Rioja, Barolo and almost anything from the United States.
- The French, by contrast, prefer to concentrate on a wine's origin, which is why you won't find the words Sauvignon Blanc on a bottle of Sancerre or Pinot Noir on a bottle of Gevrey-Chambertin.
- In the white category, Peel has done very well with Sancerre, Austrian wines like dry Riesling and white Burgundy.
More definitions of SancerreDefinition of Sancerre in:
- The British & World English dictionary