- A hymn beginning Sanctus, sanctus, sanctus (Holy, holy, holy) forming a set part of the Mass.More example sentences
- Serafin conducts some of this work too quickly for my tastes; the Sanctus should not sound like the finale of Rossini's William Tell Overture, for example.
- We do the Gloria, the Sanctus, the Agnus Dei, and the Kyrie.
- There are three short movements to conclude the work and these are a Sanctus, Benedictus and Agnus Dei that last just about two minutes each.
late Middle English: from Latin, literally 'holy'.
More definitions of SanctusDefinition of Sanctus in:
- The British & World English dictionary