noun• informal , chiefly North American
- A cheap, low-caliber pistol or revolver, easily obtained and concealed.More example sentences
- We need to ban junk guns and Saturday night specials.
- That being said, according to one his aides the level of force only resembled a ‘drive-by shooting involving Saturday night specials’.
- He also assisted the police in getting handguns off the streets recovering, as he said, approximately 300 ‘Saturday night specials’.
More definitions of Saturday night specialDefinition of Saturday night special in:
- The British & World English dictionary