- Whiskey distilled in Scotland, especially from malted barley.More example sentences
- Most of their output was blended Scotch whisky rather than single malt, primarily the Highland Queen and Bailie Nicol Jarvie brands.
- Older is not necessarily better when it comes to fine single-malt Scotch whisky.
- His drinks of choice are Pernod, Tequila, Southern Comfort, Jim Beam and any Scotch whisky that costs more than Chivas Regal.
The spelling Scotch whiskey is considered improper. For an explanation of when to use the spelling whisky rather than whiskey, see whiskey (usage).
More definitions of Scotch whiskyDefinition of Scotch whisky in:
- The British & World English dictionary