- A fine-quality long-staple cotton grown on islands off the southern US.More example sentences
- Cotton production for this niche remained concentrated along the South Carolina and Georgia coast, where sea-island cotton, a long-staple transplant from South America was grown.
- He is also able to get Sea Island cotton for shirts, although it is very expensive.
- ‘Most of the companies that use Sea Island cotton today actually blend it with lesser cottons to lower the price,’ he says.
More definitions of Sea Island cottonDefinition of Sea Island cotton in:
- The British & World English dictionary