Definition of Serb in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Serbia.
- Ethnically motivated violence has meant scores of Croatian Serbs seeking asylum elsewhere in Europe.
- At the height of his power, Greeks, Bulgarians, Serbs and Albanians swore allegiance to him.
- I am a Serb, but my nationality was never more important than my personality.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Serbia, the Serbs, or their language.
- A further crisis in Kosovo was again characterized by brinkmanship until mainly US bombers were set loose to attack Serb troops occupying the territory and to destroy infrastructure within Serbia.
- In 1992, as the former Yugoslavia sank into civil war, the city of Sarajevo, Bosnia, was surrounded by Bosnian Serb fighters, supported by Serbia.
- But this would be met with demands for Kosovo's Serb minority population to be included in a redefined Serbia.
Words that rhyme with Serbacerb, blurb, curb, disturb, herb, kerb, perturb, superb, verb
Definition of Serb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.