- A tall, widely cultivated plant of the daisy family that bears large white daisylike flowers.
More example sentences
- Chrysanthemum superbum or its hybrids, family Compositae
- And in all those semi-circle spots left within the curves, I placed favorites such as oregano, iris, pineapple sage, liatris, Shasta daisies, rosemary, lavender and lilies.
- When new leaves appear, divide dumps of asters, bellflowers, chrysanthemums, daylilies, sedums, Shasta daisies, and yarrow.
- When summer-flowering perennials such as bellflowers, geraniums, lychnis, Shasta daisies, and spiderworts finish blooming and start to look tattered, cut back their stems to the rosette of new foliage at the base of the plants.
mid 19th century: named after Mount Shasta in California.
More definitions of Shasta daisyDefinition of Shasta daisy in:
- The British & World English dictionary