Definition of Shinola in English:
- 1not know shit from Shinola
- vulgar slang Used to indicate that someone is ignorant or innocent.Example sentences
- Isn't the essence of the appeal of the Big Four awards shows the very fact that ‘experts’ pick the winners, ‘the people’ not knowing shit from Shinola as often as not?
- Lee Dupont has been around since long before the death lens and company card, and knows shit from Shinola when it comes to video work and professional skateboarding.
- See how many drinks his wallet will buy for you while you pretend he knows shit from Shinola.
Early 20th century: from shine + -ola.
Definition of Shinola in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.