- A title or form of address used of or to an Italian-speaking married woman, corresponding to Mrs. or madam: good night, SignoraMore example sentences
- In one school, the headmaster announced a policy specifying that he would address the women by signora or signorina plus last name and the men by their first name.
- As I herded the youngest through, the customs man called out, almost as an afterthought, ‘E brava la signora!’
- But out of season, you'll have to plead with the tourist office, who will send you to the house of signora Maria, who, if she's not out doing the shopping or visiting any number of relations, may be willing to let you in - at her own pace.
Italian, feminine of signor (see Signor).
More definitions of SignoraDefinition of Signora in:
- The British & World English dictionary