- A test of visual acuity using rows of letters printed in successively decreasing sizes (the Snellen scale).More example sentences
- The Snellen test for visual acuity is the test most commonly used and is based on distance vision.
- As with the Snellen test, each eye is tested separately and then together, with and without corrective lenses.
- The values represented here are estimates of how the child would have scored on the Snellen scale.
mid 19th century: named after Hermann Snellen (1834–1908), Dutch ophthalmologist.
More definitions of Snellen testDefinition of Snellen test in:
- The British & World English dictionary