Definition of South Korea in English:
South Korea was formed in 1948 when Korea was partitioned along the 38th parallel; the Korean War (1950–53) was followed by decades of hostility between North and South Korea, but a summit meeting of the two leaders was held in 2000. An emerging industrial power, South Korea has had one of the world’s fastest-growing economies since the 1960s
- 1South Korean adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- A highlight of the series will be the rare opportunity to hear a world renowned South Korean pianist.
- Some South Korean fans wept as they snapped up unexpected last-minute tickets.
- The huge screen in a corner came alive with live action straight from the South Korean capital, Seoul.
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.