- A member of a large convention of Baptist churches established in the US in 1845, typically having a fundamentalist and evangelistic approach to Christianity.More example sentences
- His definitional distinctions on such matters as why the Southern Baptist conservatives are not fundamentalists and why Southern Baptists are not evangelicals will give some readers difficulty.
- As it happens, I am a Southern Baptist, and we Baptists can extol the Scriptures with the best of them.
- Whereas there are many depictions of Southern Baptists or gospel-singing evangelicals, it is less common to learn on television of deeply held beliefs by African Americans of other faiths.
More definitions of Southern BaptistDefinition of Southern Baptist in:
- The British & World English dictionary