(also Spanish dagger)
Definition of Spanish bayonet in English:
A yucca native to the southern US and the American tropics.
- Genus Yucca, family Agavaceae: several species, in particular Y. aloifolia
- The Spanish bayonet tends to topple over and re-root itself, where the Spanish Dagger is stationary.
- Do not plant Spanish bayonet near walkways, patios or in areas frequented by children and pets.
- My picture of the Spanish bayonet flower, with its embedded yucca moths, was unsatisfactory.
Definition of Spanish bayonet in:
- British & World English dictionary