- A large edible game fish related to the mackerel.
More example sentences
- Genus Scomberomorus, family Scombridae: several species, in particular S. maculatus of the tropical Atlantic, and S. commerson of the Indo-Pacific
- Various species of sharks plus jackfish, king mackerel, Spanish mackerel and bull redfish should keep anglers drifting natural baits busy.
- All three of us planned to fish the Gulf of Mexico for sea trout, ladyfish, Spanish mackerel and redfish.
More definitions of Spanish mackerelDefinition of Spanish mackerel in:
- The British & World English dictionary