Definition of Spanish moss in English:
A tropical American plant that grows as silvery-green festoons on trees, obtaining water and nutrients directly through its surface.
- Tillandsia usneoides, family Bromeliaceae. See also air plant
- The island was covered with large oak trees draped in Spanish moss.
- Now if we lived somewhere, say in Louisiana, the driveway would be surrounded by weeping willows and Spanish moss.
- We kept brushing into low hanging Spanish moss and cypress limbs, and were having to duck and weave our way along.
Definition of Spanish moss in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan