A tropical American plant that grows as silvery-green festoons on trees, obtaining water and nutrients directly through its surface.
- Tillandsia usneoides, family Bromeliaceae. See also air plant
More example sentences
- The island was covered with large oak trees draped in Spanish moss.
- Now if we lived somewhere, say in Louisiana, the driveway would be surrounded by weeping willows and Spanish moss.
- We kept brushing into low hanging Spanish moss and cypress limbs, and were having to duck and weave our way along.
Definition of Spanish moss in:
- The British & World English dictionary