- The stanza used by Spenser in The Faerie Queene, consisting of eight iambic pentameters and an alexandrine, with the rhyming scheme ababbcbcc.More example sentences
- Byron's use of comic rhyme in ‘Don Juan’, for instance, tells us that we are not to take the action too seriously; whereas the weight of the Spenserian stanza in ‘The Fairie Queen’ tells us the reverse.
- This works really well as a basic writing exercise, since Spenserian stanzas are super-easy.
- Freshman year, I'd sit in the back of Astronomy class sketching out Spenserian stanzas giving my impressions of whatever was going on in my life; I almost failed Astro, but it was worth it.
More definitions of Spenserian stanzaDefinition of Spenserian stanza in:
- The British & World English dictionary