noun (plural same)
- 1A member of an American Indian people of southwestern British Columbia.More example sentences
- Under the deal reached with the native band, the Squamish will have part ownership in the project and will share in revenue generated by it.
- 2The Salishan language of the Squamish.More example sentences
- Menzies does not give the other 37 putatively similar words in Chinese and Squamish, nor does he cite sources for the Chinese and Squamish words.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Squamish or their language.More example sentences
- How can anyone justify an opposition to the Mohawk or Squamish nation's right to set and enforce its own rules on membership?
- A number of those creeks are in Squamish territory.
- Ethnic colour came to this week's CNA conference in the form of six Squamish nation aboriginals with a drum and two rattles.
alteration of the Squamish name.