- A hat with a high crown and a wide brim, traditionally worn by cowboys and ranchers in the US.More example sentences
- Hank lifted his head as two men in black and white filigreed cowboy shirts, Stetsons, bolo ties and blue jeans stepped out of a sleek silver pickup.
- He looked in at us from under the wide brim of the black Stetson he wore, instantly tipping it when R. smiled that dazzling smile of hers that tends to soften the hardest heart.
- Note how he has artfully curved the brim to resemble a Stetson.
late 19th century: named after John B. Stetson (1830–1906), US hat manufacturer.
More definitions of StetsonDefinition of Stetson in:
- The British & World English dictionary