- 1A variety of wine grape first developed in German-speaking districts, the dominant form being a white grape.More example sentences
- There are attempts to diversify, however, with the planting of grape varieties from southern Italy such as Fiano and Greco di Tufo and of more international varieties such as Chardonnay, Riesling, Sylvaner, and Pinot Blanc.
- Scheurebe is a hybrid grape, a crossing of Riesling and Sylvaner.
- This is actually a blend of five grape varieties - Sylvaner, Muscat, Riesling, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris.
- 1.1A white wine made from the Sylvaner grape.More example sentences
- Wash yours down with Austrian beer or with glasses of Sylvaner, a regional white, or the local red called St. Magdalener.
- Good Sylvaner has a slightly bitter, slightly perfumed aroma and flavour, with very firm acidity.
- Even the most ingenious taster can be hard pressed to find adjectives to describe the quintessential flavour of Sylvaner.
More definitions of SylvanerDefinition of Sylvaner in:
- The British & World English dictionary