Definition of T-bar in English:
1A beam or bar shaped like the letter T.
- A T-bar clips into the glove box of any vehicle and the curry can then be hung safely and securely on the hook.
- The property he took was a silver and gold Citizen's wristwatch, with a Babalone face, and a gold necklace, with large flat links and a T-bar.
- He stole a gold chain with a T-bar, a gold chain with a sovereign, a gold sovereign ring and a gold and sapphire diamond ring.
1.1 (also T-bar lift) A type of ski lift in the form of a series of inverted T-shaped bars for towing two skiers at a time uphill.
- We finish at a downhill ski area and a T-bar lift to a fine hotel at the top of a run.
- Also, nobody told me that you don't actually sit down on a T-bar.
- As we climb Cairngorm on the T-bar I ask my instructor Alistair if he can sum up the appeal of our Scottish slopes.
1.2 [often as modifier] A T-shaped fastening on a shoe or sandal: a pair of T-bar sandals
More example sentences
- Nearby, a woman in a pair of T-bar sandals asked softly for a copy of 'Ghandi and Non-violence'.
- My sister is wearing a floral print frock, white socks and t-bar sandals.
- Girls wore pretty frocks, usually teamed with a pair of patent leather T-bar shoes, and boys wore their school trousers and a snazzy shirt that they thought made them look like David Cassidy.
Definition of T-bar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia