Definition of T-bar in English:
1A beam or bar shaped like the letter T.
- A T-bar clips into the glove box of any vehicle and the curry can then be hung safely and securely on the hook.
- The property he took was a silver and gold Citizen's wristwatch, with a Babalone face, and a gold necklace, with large flat links and a T-bar.
- He stole a gold chain with a T-bar, a gold chain with a sovereign, a gold sovereign ring and a gold and sapphire diamond ring.
1.1 (also T-bar lift) A type of ski lift in the form of a series of inverted T-shaped bars for towing two skiers at a time uphill.
- We finish at a downhill ski area and a T-bar lift to a fine hotel at the top of a run.
- Also, nobody told me that you don't actually sit down on a T-bar.
- As we climb Cairngorm on the T-bar I ask my instructor Alistair if he can sum up the appeal of our Scottish slopes.
1.2 [often as modifier] A T-shaped fastening on a shoe or sandal: a pair of T-bar sandals
More example sentences
- Nearby, a woman in a pair of T-bar sandals asked softly for a copy of 'Ghandi and Non-violence'.
- My sister is wearing a floral print frock, white socks and t-bar sandals.
- Girls wore pretty frocks, usually teamed with a pair of patent leather T-bar shoes, and boys wore their school trousers and a snazzy shirt that they thought made them look like David Cassidy.
Definition of T-bar in:
- British & World English dictionary