Definition of T-bone in English:
noun(also T-bone steak)
A large choice piece of loin steak containing a T-shaped bone.
- Most cuisines have examples of this, for instance, the American T-bone steak, the French escalope, the Middle Eastern kebab, and the thin slices cut for stir-frying in Chinese cookery.
- Main courses are next with sautéed mussels, chicken breast, pork steaks, T-bones, sea-bass and veal escallops, with everything cooked in a variety of aromatic Italian herbs and spices, and of course, lots of garlic.
- Careful Kitty's Cafe, the coffee shop at the El Cortez, serves a T-bone steak or prime rib dinner for $5.95 from midnight to 7 a.m. every day.
verb[with object] North American informal Back to top
Crash head-on into the side of (another vehicle): his car rolled over and was T-boned by an oncoming vehicle
More example sentences
- The charges date back to Sept. 16, 2002 when Ng's squad car was T-boned by a speeding 2003 Honda Civic at the intersection of Williams and No. 3 Road.
- I was getting 100 km using just a litre of petrol when I T-boned a bus.
- He failed to stop at the stop street and T-boned a car travelling down Maitland Road.
Definition of T-bone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia