- (In Chinese philosophy) the absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of yin and yang and signifying the way, or code of behavior, that is in harmony with the natural order. The interpretation of Tao in the Tao-te-Ching developed into the philosophical religion of Taoism.More example sentences
- The philosophy of the Tao has a basic respect for the balance of nature.
- It is the Tao of the universe, and the one and only thing we can ever truly depend on.
- At very advanced levels of training the elements, as well as the forms, are totally internalized and aligned with the flow of life, the Tao if you will.
Chinese, literally '(right) way'.
More definitions of TaoDefinition of Tao in:
- The British & World English dictionary