Definition of Tardis in English:
- The Proclaimers were once asked where they would most like a Tardis to drop them in history, and expressed a wish to be flies on the studio wall while Van Morrison and the Chieftains recorded their Irish Heartbeat album.
- He said: "The Tardis can travel anywhere through space and time, so it could be going anywhere, including Swindon."
- Aunty screens the original series, when he introduced us to the joys of time travel in the Tardis.
- The mind is like a Tardis, far bigger on the inside that it appears on the outside.
- Though the building looks very spacious from the outside, the staff have dubbed it the Tardis in reverse, as the interior is more compact than you would imagine.
- The experimental house has been compared to a Tardis.
The name (said to be an acronym from time and relative dimensions in space) of a time machine that had the exterior of a police telephone box in the British TV science fiction series Doctor Who, first broadcast in 1963.
Words that rhyme with TardisSardis
Definition of Tardis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.