Definition of Tasmanian devil in English:
A heavily built marsupial with a large head, powerful jaws, and mainly black fur, found only in Tasmania. It is slow-moving and aggressive, feeding mainly on carrion.
- Sarcophilus harrisii, family Dasyuridae
- For instance, today's red kangaroos and Tasmanian devils are much smaller than their fossil counterparts.
- This group includes all of the pouched animals, such as opossums, kangaroos, and Tasmanian devils.
- The only substantial mammalian predator on Kangaroo Island, the Tasmanian devil, is known only from the fossil record.
Definition of Tasmanian devil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan