Definition of Tasmanian devil in English:
A heavily built marsupial with a large head, powerful jaws, and mainly black fur, found only in Tasmania. It is slow-moving and aggressive, feeding mainly on carrion.
- Sarcophilus harrisii, family Dasyuridae
- For instance, today's red kangaroos and Tasmanian devils are much smaller than their fossil counterparts.
- This group includes all of the pouched animals, such as opossums, kangaroos, and Tasmanian devils.
- The only substantial mammalian predator on Kangaroo Island, the Tasmanian devil, is known only from the fossil record.
Definition of Tasmanian devil in:
- British & World English dictionary