- An animal of a breed of large black-and-tan dog with a thick coat and drop ears.More example sentences
- In order to turbocharge the Akita's aggressiveness, it was crossbred with Tibetan mastiffs and Great Danes.
- In the dog shows in Delhi, the Tibetan mastiff, the Lhasa Apso and the Rampur hound are, very often, the stars.
- A fearsome Tibetan mastiff stands guard outside a dwelling while a smaller dog is ready to sound the alarm indoors if anyone is clever enough or lucky enough to slip past the mastiff.
More definitions of Tibetan mastiffDefinition of Tibetan mastiff in:
- The British & World English dictionary