Definition of Titaness in English:
1A female Titan.
- Knowing that she begins a new tradition, LaMotte chooses to address the Mother of the Muses, Mnemosyne, ‘thou Titaness, / Thou ancient one, daughter of Heaven and Earth’ instead of Calliope, the muse of epic poetry.
- From this union she bore the nine Titans and three Titanesses each of whom took a brother as husband.
- She was the Goddess of Wisdom, and the daughter of the Titaness who basically personified it.
1.1 (titaness) A female person of very great strength, intellect, or importance.
- All of this goes into the more recent nudes, a fabulous composition of brickwork titanesses limned in starry outlines surrounded by the appurtenances of beauty.
- If his report had unduly favoured one of these equally matched titanesses, that was a natural consequence of their having been lovers for quite some time.
- Here the Titaness of the midlands was hostess to her more restrained sisters of the East and West.
Definition of Titaness in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan