(also Tourette syndrome)
- A neurological disorder characterized by involuntary tics and vocalizations and often the compulsive utterance of obscenities.More example sentences
- There is an increased rate of OCD in people with Tourette's syndrome, an illness characterized by involuntary movements and vocalizations.
- The Maladaptive index includes symptoms of Tourette's syndrome, Posttraumatic stress disorder, toileting problems, sexualized behavior, and pica.
- If early-stage experiments pan out, Alzheimer's disease, obsessive-compulsive disorder, Tourette's syndrome, bulimia, and other brain ailments could be next.
late 19th century: named after Gilles de la Tourette (1857–1904), French neurologist.
More definitions of Tourette's syndromeDefinition of Tourette's syndrome in:
- The British & World English dictionary