Definition of Transvaal daisy in English:
A South African gerbera, grown for its large brightly colored daisylike flowers.
- Gerbera jamesonii, family Compositae
- If your budget is healthy you may also like to make beds of Transvaal daisies and gerbera.
- Also known as African or Transvaal daisies, they come in a choice of cream, orange, pink, red and yellow flowers, often measuring 3, 4 or even 5 inches across.
- Over 95 percent of grown flowers are chrysanthemums, gladiolus, tuberoses, dahlias, eustoma, Carnations, lilies, roses, baby's breath, flamingo flowers, Transvaal daisies, and bird of paradise.
Definition of Transvaal daisy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia