- A position, used for pelvic surgery and to treat shock, in which a patient lies face upward on a tilted table or bed with the pelvis higher than the head.More example sentences
- A deterioration in cardiac performance occurred when patients were moved from the Trendelenburg position to the supine position.
- These findings suggest that placing a patient in the modified Trendelenburg position can effectively displace blood from the lower extremities into the central circulation to improve hemodynamics.
- Hypotension is treated by placing the patient in the Trendelenburg position and administering IV fluids.
late 19th century: named after Friedrich Trendelenburg (1844–1924), German surgeon.
More definitions of Trendelenburg positionDefinition of Trendelenburg position in:
- The British & World English dictionary