- 1Of, relating to, or denoting the earliest period of the Mesozoic era, between the Permian and Jurassic periods. See also Permo–Triassic.More example sentences
- Triassic footprints were primarily made by early crocodilians and small dinosaurs.
- Triassic asteroids are among the rarest of fossils, hitherto comprised of only three genera, all from Europe.
- 1.1 (as noun the Triassic or the Trias) The Triassic period or the system of rocks deposited during it.More example sentences
- Such sites are found in numerous strata of different ages throughout the triassic, jurassic and cretaceous, all of which were allegedly laid down during the flood.
The Triassic lasted from about 245 million to 208 million years ago. Many new organisms appeared following the mass extinctions of the end of the Paleozoic era, including the earliest dinosaurs and ammonites and the first primitive mammals
More definitions of TriassicDefinition of Triassic in:
- The British & World English dictionary