Definition of Ugli fruit in English:
noun (plural same)trademark
A mottled green and yellow citrus fruit that is a hybrid of grapefruit and tangerine.
- This fruit is obtained from the tree Citrus × tangelo, family Rutaceae
- However, the nutritional content of Ugli fruit is probably comparable to that of other citrus fruits.
- With its loose, wrinkled skin, the Ugli fruit lives up to its deliberately misspelled name.
- Also in the grapefruit family is the Ugli fruit, also marketed as the Uniq.
1930s: ugli, alteration of ugly.
Definition of Ugli fruit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.