Definition of Ugli fruit in English:
noun (plural same)trademark
A mottled green and yellow citrus fruit that is a hybrid of grapefruit and tangerine.
- This fruit is obtained from the tree Citrus × tangelo, family Rutaceae
- However, the nutritional content of Ugli fruit is probably comparable to that of other citrus fruits.
- With its loose, wrinkled skin, the Ugli fruit lives up to its deliberately misspelled name.
- Also in the grapefruit family is the Ugli fruit, also marketed as the Uniq.
1930s: ugli, alteration of ugly.
Definition of Ugli fruit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan