- Of, relating to, or denoting a hypothetical language group formerly proposed to include both the Uralic and the Altaic languages.More example sentences
- Korean is considered part of the Tungusic branch of the Altaic group of the Ural-Altaic language family.
- Furthermore, Hungarian, Turkish and Finnish (which are Ural-Altaic languages like Korean and share phonetic qualities with it) also extensively use umlauts.
- The Korean Peninsula was first populated by peoples of a Tungusic branch of the Ural-Altaic language family, who migrated from the northwestern regions of Asia.
More definitions of Ural-AltaicDefinition of Ural-Altaic in:
- The British & World English dictionary