- Two objects of a now unknown nature, possibly used for divination, worn on the breastplate of a Jewish high priest.More example sentences
- I looked in, and there indeed did I behold the plates, the Urim and Thummim, and the breastplate, as stated by the messenger.
- The Urim and the Tumim, stones that had the ineffable name of Hashem etched upon them, that were to be put in the Choshen of the Kohen Gadol, are not mentioned during the construction.
- Nevertheless, he showed awareness of the oracular function of the Urim and Thummim and the traditional Christian associations of them with ‘revelation and truth’ and ‘lights and perfection.’
More definitions of Urim and ThummimDefinition of Urim and Thummim in:
- The British & World English dictionary