A group of chordate animals that comprises the tunicates.
- Subphylum Urochordata, phylum Chordata
More example sentences
- Although this classification is widely accepted, some authors recognize three chordate phyla: Urochordata for the urochordates, Cephalochordata for the lancelets, and Vertebrata for the vertebrates.
- For this reason, the three subphyla, Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata, will be treated separately.
- Some zoologists would put the Urochordata closer to the Echinodermata, instead of within the Chordata proper.
Definition of Urochordata in:
- The British & World English dictionary