- A computer chip installed in a television receiver that can be programmed by the user to block or scramble material containing a special code in its signal indicating that it is deemed violent or sexually explicit.More example sentences
- The study also showed that two in five parents report having a V-chip or other monitoring device that blocks objectionable TV programs, but only half of those parents are using the devices.
- Parents who own a TV set manufactured after January 1, 2000 have a blocking technology called a V-chip that can be programmed to screen out shows with TV ratings they deem inappropriate.
- He noted that parents have options such as the V-chip to prevent their little ones accessing illicit material.
More definitions of V-chipDefinition of V-chip in:
- The British & World English dictionary