- A public holiday held on the anniversary of the end of World War I (November 11) to honor US veterans and victims of all wars. It replaced Armistice Day in 1954.More example sentences
- I was going to give a Veterans Day speech in Westchester at 11:00.
- Be Good, Smile Pretty will be aired nationally by PBS on November 11, Veterans Day.
- Regular speeches in this series cover Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Army Birthday / Flag Day, Independence Day and Veterans Day.
More definitions of Veterans DayDefinition of Veterans Day in:
- The British & World English dictionary