(also Viet Cong)
noun (plural same)
- A member of the communist guerrilla movement in Vietnam that fought the South Vietnamese government forces 1954–75 with the support of the North Vietnamese army and opposed the South Vietnamese and US forces in the Vietnam War.More example sentences
- Despite massive US military and economic aid, his corrupt administration failed to win the fight against the Vietcong and North Vietnamese forces.
- Colombia's guerrillas have no big outside country to support them the way the Vietcong and North Vietnamese army had the Soviet Union and China.
- Sure, we lost tens of thousands of troops, but the North Vietnamese Army and Vietcong lost hundreds of thousands more.
Vietnamese, literally 'Vietnamese Communist'.
More definitions of VietcongDefinition of Vietcong in:
- The British & World English dictionary