Definition of Virginia stock in English:
A low-growing, sweetly scented plant with white, pink, or lilac flowers, native to the Mediterranean and cultivated elsewhere.
- Malcolmia maritima, family Brassicaceae
- Try Virginian stocks, and lavatera, and sunflowers, which all give a really pretty display of flowers.
- The name gillyflower is also used for the Virginia stock, the wallflower, and for the carnation of the pink family.
- Low growing annuals such as pansy. violas. alyssum and dwarf Virginian stock are a beautiful accompaniment to bulbs and practical as well.
Definition of Virginia stock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan