noun[often as modifier]
- 1A breed of Japanese cattle.More example sentences
- In terms of breeds, the European breed types consistently outperformed the Wagyu breeds.
- However, dainty Wagyu cows don't look like beer drinkers.
- This in order to comply with the strict Japanese regulations concerning Wagyu (japanese cows).
- 1.1The tender beef obtained from Wagyu cattle, typically containing a high percentage of unsaturated fat.More example sentences
- Below is a picture of a piece of Wagyu beef.
- Real Kobe Wagyu beef is graded on a smart 1-9 scale.
- Specialised wholesale arrangements can be made for imported Wagyu with David Wynne Finch.
Japanese, from wa 'Japanese' + gyu 'cattle, beef'.
More definitions of WagyuDefinition of Wagyu in:
- The British & World English dictionary