- 1.1 (as noun a Waterloo) A decisive defeat or failure: his team met their WaterlooMore example sentences
- Woods wasn't alone - Colin Montgomerie, David Toms and Phil Mickelson all met their Waterloos in the wet stuff - but like a true champion he bounced back.
- But while awaiting this plan D, it is Europe that has suffered a Waterloo this June 18.
- Building societies faced just such a Waterloo a few years ago, when at one stage it was as if the entire sector would be swallowed up by the banks.
More definitions of Waterloo, Battle ofDefinition of Waterloo, Battle of in:
- The British & World English dictionary